CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Fail Quiche

I can't believe I haven't blogged about my no fail quiche before, but I just did a search of past posts and apparently I haven't. Whenever I'm stumped for dinner, I make a quiche. I keep frozen pie crust on hand at all times for this. Tonight, I decided to make one with some leftover cooked shrimp and a bell pepper. Here's the recipe.
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/2 cup of something with fat in it - either mayo, reduced fat mayo, or sour cream or reduced fat sour cream
3/4 cup whatever cheese you have on hand, shredded
whatever vegetable you have, chopped
whatever meat you have, optional

Cook your pie crust in the oven alone for 7 minutes. While it bakes, beat your eggs with a whisk. Add salt, milk, your fat ingredient and shredded cheese. Whisk. Stir in chopped veggie and meat. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until set. Easy.

0 comments: