CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 09, 2008

4-Hour Work Week Book

Todd heard about this book and picked it up last week."The 4-Hour Workweek." I can't wait for him to finish it so I can read it, too. It's so interesting - I read only the first chapter - but Tim Ferriss is only 29 years old and is pretty wise for a young guy. He recommends so many ways to make your life less stressful and more rich (figuratively)... instead of staying so 'busy' all the time he emphasizes quality of life. One of his recommendations is to check your email only 3 times per day. Eventually he recommends progressing to 1 time per day. He says making yourself accessible to everyone in your life 24 hours a day (like you Blackberry folks; you know who you are) just makes them more dependent on you for every little thing. I'll do a follow up post when I have read more, but the ideas I've read so far are very interesting.

1 comments:

arr-jay said...

Hmmm...can't wait to hear your take on it. I love the idea of limiting myself to checking e-mail a few times a day but am a total addict. Maybe I should work on weaning myself off.