CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Catching Up - Part 1 (April 4-8, 2008)





As I write this, it's late April, but I'm going to go week-by-week and catch you up on happenings at the household. First of all, tornadoes hit our area of Jackson on Friday, April 4, and we were lucky enough to be spared damage to our house. However, we were out of power from Friday until Tuesday night. Luckily after Katrina we got a generator and we were able to use that to keep the refrigerator running while we were without electricity. We did sleep at our house each night, although we had generous offers from several folks to stay with them locally. These photos are of the tree that fell from the neighbor's yard, across the street and up our driveway.........sparing our house. Todd immediately worked all afternoon in the pouring rain with his chain saw to get the tree out of the street, and Paco helped him. Paco posed in front of the tree beforehand as you can see..... Also I included a photo of the generator, which saved the day as far as I'm concerned. At one point Stacey came over and we watched Oprah using the generator to watch TV.

1 comments:

arr-jay said...

We were so worried about y'all. I'm thrilled you made it ok but hate you even had any inconveniences. It actually hurt me to see blue roofs in Jackson last week -- I guess after seeing so many post-Katrina where I grew up on the Coast, I just had horrible associations with them.