CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Wok Cooking

I got a wok for Christmas from Aunt Kaye and was determined to use it. I spent last weekend seasoning the wok and this week poring over this cookbook, Wok Fast. What a great cookbook! It makes clear the world of Asian cooking with lots of illustrations and explanations. Today I used the wok for the first time. I went to the local Asian grocery to get supplies and followed a recipe. I made a rosemary hoisin sauce and cooked stir fried shrimp with zucchini, yellow squash and red onion. The great thing about wok cooking is there's no questioning about the heat...it's all high, all the time. Therefore you only spend 4 or 5 minutes actually cooking. Results tonight were great - the sauce was incredibly spicy - Todd didn't even have to add Tony's seasoning to it, as he usually adds to everything!

0 comments: