CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 13, 2009

What I Was Doing Ten Years Ago Today

Today is our tenth anniversary - we were married March 13, 1999. Excuse me while I'm mushy for a second: I love you, Toddly, and here's to many more years!
Wow - how young we look! So can you BELIEVE there was no digital photography back in 1999? (I'm sure it existed, but at least my wedding photographer didn't do it and I didn't know anyone else in Jackson who did.) I don't have any of these wedding photos on disk in good quality because they were taken using film. I happen to have these photos you see on this post because a few years ago, I laid the actual photos on my scanner and scanned them in. Since we have instant photos these days, it's just hard to imagine how we lived without a digital camera. Also, in 1999, I did not even own a mobile phone. Ten years ago, Todd and I threw some things in a 'wedding time capsule' and we looked at them the other day, and under "trends for 1999" I had literally written down "E-COMMERCE" as if it was some here-today, gone-tomorrow kind of thing.
Okay so let me ID everyone here. Todd and I are in the middle. In the green dresses: Julie, Beverly, Stacey, Kim, Laura and Diane. In the black tuxedoes, Breck, Ben, Tony, Dan, Bruce, my dad, Mike, Kevin, Scott, Sandon and Allen. Wow, that was before Todd even met Jake!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Happy Anniversary, Kristen! And here's to many, many more decades together!

arr-jay said...

This brought tears to my eyes -- sappy ones and ones from laughing re. e-commerce! Happy belated anniversary and congratulations on the beautiful marriage you and Todd share. :-) Thanks for being good examples of commitment and love for the rest of us.

Love you two so much -- and that little Courtney bug, too. :-)

Lok said...

Awww! A belated congratulations to y'all! You looked beautiful. :-)