CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

27 Dresses, the Movie


Stacey, Vanessa and Courtney and I went to see 27 Dresses today - Courtney was very good during her First Movie Ever - she slept through the entire thing. I said it was her first Girls Night. Afterward, we ate out and she also behaved - she was quiet and only cried when it was mealtime.

I liked the movie and thought it was enjoyable, if predictable. The male lead was a much better match to Kathryn Heigl than that awful guy from Knocked Up, a movie Todd and I HATED. The premise is she had been in 27 weddings and had the dresses to prove it. I have to mention that I have been in 7 weddings and only one dress was a rival to some of the crazy looking dresses from the movie....it was metallic green and had a heart-shaped cutout in back....but then again it was the early 90s. The most expensive bridesmaids dress I ever had to buy was $230 (+ $50 shoes) in the early 90s and we all wore formal length white gloves with it. The easiest bridesmaids dress I ever wore was a black one that I picked out myself - the bride said make it black, make it a dress you'll wear again, and make it at least knee length...she's low maintenance. The most popular color in my experience is green - 3 of the 7 weddings I have been in I wore a green dress....and that is the color I asked my own bridesmaids to wear, too.

Another note about the movie - the bridal gown Heigl wore at the end of the movie was perfect and just beautiful. It was a sleeveless A line sheath. From viewing the Mississippi Magazine brides' edition this year, you would think it was practically a requirement to wear a strapless gown if you get married in Mississippi, no matter the season!

1 comments:

arr-jay said...

I took myself to see "27 Dresses" earlier this week, and your review is dead-on. In fact, when I had to slip out for a few minutes, I was not nearly as concerned as I normally would've been because I knew what was going to happen next. But it was a fun, feel-good movie, which I needed that day.

Congrats to Courtney on her good GNO behavior! :-)