CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 10, 2006

City of Falling Angels

I just finished listening to this book on audio, The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt. I really enjoyed reading his first book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, a few years ago but this book was not nearly as enthralling. That could possibly be because I was listening to an abridged version, but I had thought I would get a lot out of the author himself reading the book to me. Anyway, this is a non fiction book and centers around the 1996 fire at La Fenice opera house in Venice, Italy. Berendt inserted himself into Venice society not long afterward and wrote about the major players in the mystery surrounding arson charges, and other related Venetian scandals. I would recommend this book more as a history lesson and a description of the city of Venice rather than a whodunit. Berendt should have stuck to the States.

0 comments: