CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Asheville Culture


This weekend on our trip to Asheville, we witnessed culture and horticulture. We went to the Asheville Drum Circle, an event held downtown each Friday night. Dozens of individuals bring their own bongo-type drums downtown, sit in a circle in a park, and bang out a rhythm for 3 full hours. Dozens more people dance to the beat in either a stupor or a frenzy; I couldn't tell. That was fun to see. Then we went to the local Farmer's Market and I saw some heirloom tomatoes that I have never seen before. The maroon ones on the left are Cherokee Black tomatoes, and the red and yellow ones are called Candy Striper. I can vouch for the sweet taste of the Cherokee Blacks - we had BLTs that were superb later that day. The third photo is of my father and me. The weather was outstanding in Asheville - low humidity and high 80s. People there thought it was oppressive but it felt good to us.

0 comments: