CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 09, 2007

St Paddys Day in Jackson

Jackson, Mississippi goes crazy every St. Patrick's Day with a big parade. Reportedly 50,000 people attend the parade downtown and it's not all locals, either. The Sweet Potato Queens have revved up interest in the fest, called Mal's St. Paddy's Day Parade. I went to the parade years ago - I think it must have been 1997 the last time I went. Since then, I have always attended the out-of-town convention held by my employer on that weekend and I have not been able to go. This coming Tuesday, I will go to that same convention, and I'll be gone until Sunday, so I will miss the event again. A group of our friends call themselves the Krewe of Blarney and they all chip in a lot of money and do an elaborate 'float' for the parade, tossing out beads Mardi-Gras style and having a great time. For some reason they dressed as cows a couple of years ago, and last year it was Dr. Seuss characters. I have only seen pictures, but I can tell it's a blast. Anyway, this t-shirt is my tribute to the festivities.

0 comments: