CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Genealogy


I'm pretty interested in family history. I guess I should say genealogy is my interest, and I am interested in bloodlines, but the family stories are more valuable to know, I think. My mother keeps up with lots of family stories and has passed down a lot verbally. Her mother even wrote down some family stories and I have a published book with them included. My 'unsolved mystery' now is my grandfather Troy's family (pictured). I have this photo of George and Laura (his parents) along with five of his older siblings. This photo was taken in 1910 before he was born in 1911. I know next to nothing about this family group. I don't even have anyone to ask about this side of the family - we're stumped. The next step is to go to the Mississippi Dept. of Archives & History and look at public records. This means I'm going to drag you with me, Mom!

0 comments: